Sunday, November 2, 2008
We put up our own studio when David was 5 months (he is 6 now) and took his babt.pics there. Ágúst did the shots with his old Hasselblad cam.but along I did the little digital cam. At the same time I was trying to keep the little guy not fall on the floor! Ágúst was putting a new roll in his camera while I was shooting with my digital one. So here you see the little, american prins! This dress is a typical babt.dress in Iceland for both boys and girls. I actually made this one when I was 15. In shcool we had the choice of making a dress like this or a blanket and pillow cover. My mom always do the ribbons then.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Super cute!!
Haha! I love that you posted the one with out the dress too :)! He's just adorable!
Yes Kristi, this is a typical picture that is taken of a baby in Iceland, naked on a sheepskin, and when your mother starts showing it when you´re a teen.you really would like to disappear!....especially if your boyfriend is around.........It never happened to me though but I´ve heard some true stories :o) Thanks for the chat yesterday :o)
These are gorgeous and she's beautiful!!! Nice work!
Kelly..........you mean he......the other girl is only in my mind yet.......bwahahahahaha!!!!!
Hey, I just noticed the part where you said you made that when you were 15!!! Seriously?!?! I think that I made a pillow in the shape of a pig when I was in school...I'm really impressed!
OK,I got a lot of help with the dress and I could NOT do it on my own today! But sure it would be easier though. We also made our own clothes, knitted and chrouchet(?) baby blankets and baby clothes - it was fun!
Ummm, yea....sorry....my brain. I know you have a HE...I just can't type. :) HE looks adorable in these pics! :)
Mom and Dad, you have a great knack for photography. I truly enjoyed looking at these photos of your lovely family. How about a "Family Portrait" with all five of you in one setting before Christmas. Call your neighbor over to shoot a roll of film of all of you -- it will be a "treasure" in time.
I especially enjoyed the photo of Baby David in the bapt. dress sitting on the fluffy, white throw. The way he is seated, the throw looks like he has the wings of an Angel on his back. If you use your imagination, you can see the aura of a halo over his head as well.
Miss all of you here in Minnesota, USA. But I am so glad you were able to be here for a time and now able to bring light and life to beautiful Iceland. God bless you!
With Love, Karen Beelen
Post a Comment