Monday, November 24, 2008

Recipes

Hi guys!!!!
Could you please send me your favorite side dishes recipes for Thanksgiving? We don´t have squash or pumpkins here, but we have sweet potatoes! We don´t celebrate Thanksg.in Ice.,but we wanna start doing it at least for us. It won´t be anything like going to Tom´s and Gail's farm where we ate Turkey that had been jumping happily around the house the same day we ate it. Mine turkey has been sleeping "happily" in the freezer for probably weeks in the store and has had an air flight also! What an adventurous turkey we´re gonna eat! I´m thinking aloud now.....maybe I should buy marshmellows and make a fire outside?........hmmmm......I know the kids would be thrilled!!!!!!

4 comments:

Mama Kelly said...

OOOO, I'm so ready for Thanksgiving and all the yummy food!! I love to make Garlic Mashed Potatoes. 2lbs potatoes, 1 head garlic, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup sour cream, 4 Tbsp butter, milk or cream if needed, salt, white pepper. Separate head of garlic into individual cloves. Toss in olive oil and wrap tightly in small piece of aluminum foil. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. When garlic is cooled, squeeze it out of the "paper" shell. Mash the roasted garlic with fork or rice it with the potatoes. Pell and boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Force the cooked potatoes and garlic through ricer. Put the riced potatoes, garlic, sour cream, butter, salt and white pepper in bowl and whip at medium speed until smooth. Add cream or milk to adjust consistency, if desired.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly. I´ll try this!

Anonymous said...

I'll definately send you my favorite, but it's a family "secret" so I'll email it to you ;). I am excited that you decided to take Thanksgiving with you! Too bad about the pumpkins and squash. I suppose there is no pumpkin pie then? Maybe I will have to send you some (canned, not fresh!!!) so you can make a pumpkin pie for your next Thanksgiving :).
HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kristi! Looking forward to taste!