Saturday, November 29, 2008

Silence

So, here I´m sitting in my boxy-messy living room. The kids are in bed, Ágúst is in the garage helping one of his brothers fixing our car. He is visiting us for the first time here and has only 1 time in his life been to the east side of Iceland. He talks about how silent it is here and if we still "hear" the silence. I can tell you how much we still appreciate the silence here! oh! wow!

Today we went to the town to see the Santas. (Ágúst was home fixing the car with his bro). As some of you know we have 13 Santas in Iceland and today we saw 3 of them. We teach our kids that Jesus is more important then Santa, since Santa is a fairytale but Jesus is a true person. We also saw when they lightened the christmas tree in the town. I went to the store and found the perfect candles for my advent wreath (wreeth?) which I´m gonna bake tomorrow. Tomorrow we´re also gonna put up a studio in the school house and take some family photos. We are also gonna celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow. We decided to do it tomorrow but not Thursday since Thursd.is a workday. Tomorrow I have to find my Christmas lights and some advent stuff to decorate since we spent too long time in the town today.

But now I´m suddenly getting super tired! I´m going to crawl to bed (like my mom always says) and read an icelandic magazine I bought my self yesterday about good Christmas cakes, fashion and people. Until next time TAKE CARE!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lovely evening for yourself (bed and a magazine)! You will have to tell more about the 13 Santas. I remember you saying that you had that many, but you never went into why...like are they for different things or what? Sounds like some fun information there for us poor Americans with our one lonely Santa :)!
LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

I´ll share with you guys. It´s pretty interesting I tell you!
Thanks for your e-mails. I´ll reply soon! Love you!