Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BAD!

Can´t say that I like what I see here!..............http://www.dv.is/frettir/2008/10/10/heimurinn-reidur-ut-i-island/

The brithis people are so mad at us since we hit this "Iceland going bankrupt" stuff! Lot of people in GB lost money because of this. What they don´t think about is that THEIR Gordon Brown made the biggest icelandic company (a bank) go bankrupt (uh.....don´t know if I´m saying this right) and to do that he used terrorists laws! These are historical times in Iceland, the worst times financially in the whole history. It is not hitting us - The Olafsson´s - that bad since we don´t own a house which we would need to see the loans go higher on. We are just paying very low rent here. We don´t either have loans from other countries to have a fancy car like lot of peope here have done. But we can see the foodprize go higher and we don´t know how things will be if this situation stays for too longe since it might get hard for Ágúst to get paid. We are God so thankful for placing us here at Eyjólfsstaðir! Things are even harder in the capital where people have started taking their lifes since they don´t see any way out. Lot of people are loosing their jobs too. I hope you understand what I´m saying, it is hard for me to write this in english since I don´t know all the words I´d need to use. But let´s say this good for now. I´ll post some happy pictures in my next blog :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is horrible!!! I have the hardest time with people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. This is just another one of those situations :(...I'm sorry. I like Iceland and the people in it (I can think of five in particular!).

My hugs to you in this crummy global time!

Unknown said...

He he Kristi :o) You can truly say that you love everybody you know in Iceland! Could you call Gordon Brown?...........

Sara Gunderson said...

I cannot believe the shirts on that website!!! WOW!!!

Thanks for the update we will be praying for you, your family and Iceland. :)

Mike Schellman said...

I was so glad to hear from Agust and your family is not being affected personally by the financial difficulties in Iceland. I pray that God continues to preserve all of you - and I also pray for a quick recovery for your country.
TJ and I are doing okay despite the problems in the U.S. Economy. I am hopeing that things start to improve after the election. Or that perhaps Jesus will come back (that would be even better).

God bless you all.

Mike