Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lots of stuff going on!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I miss this day so much from our stay in the US. We had so much fun at Tom´s and Gail´s farm as well our first Thanksgiving day we had at Marcus Haug´s house.
We´ll don´t have any turkey here today like we did last year. You know that we don´t celebrate this day here in Iceland, but I and Ágúst really are into it! This year we simply don´t have the time to have everyone over for a turkey like we would have love to do.

Lots of things have happened last weeks.
Sigurjón Óli almos lost a chunk of his little finger. It´s growing well and it seems like the finger will be almost normal again.
I was driving home from the town 2 days ago in snow and dark and suddenly the car flew out of the road! The boys where with me in the car as well as the 12 years old daughter of our good neighbors. No one got hurt, thank the Lord! but we´re still shocked. We needed to rent a big truck to tow the car to the road again. I´m glad the car didn´t flip over!!!!!

It´s winter here in the North East already......or at least today and the day I had the car accident. The snow comes and goes. Saturday we´re gonna decorate everything. My fall decorations look like pretty out of season when the snow is glittering outside :o)
Can´t wait for the advent, we wait for Dec.24th for Christmas to arrive.......love it!!!!!

Ágúst is going to Switzerland next week for a week. He´ll attend a Christian Leadership conference along with some other icelandic leaders. Pray for him to come home rested and energized!!!! Sigurjón Óli will go with him to the south to stay with gandmas and grandpas while Ágúst is in Swiss and life will be easier for me as we have our sweet friends babysit MM and GD while I´m working.

I have a Christmas request..........I desperately need Christmas M&M, both regular and the peanut one, just to get a little bit of America in my house. You could mark it as a gift when you send it and I´d send you Icelandic candy instead as a Thank you!!!!!!!!
Love you all!!!!!!
Kolbrún

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I hope you got your m&ms and had a good Christmas. I am praying for you and miss you tons :)