Saturday, April 11, 2009

Long time

Hi hi and happy Easter everyone!
I´m staying at my parents house over Easter (8 hours drive from our home), having fun with meeting old friends, going swimming with the kiddos and meet people at the stores here in my hometown, that I haven´t met for years.
My mom went to the hospital 2 weeks ago but came home last Wed. She got some cold which her lungs couldn´t handle. She´s fine now except that her back is hurting bad since it was not good for her to lay in bed for so long. My dad fell while walking in the woods (ok, walking among few trees....I guess you wouldn´t call it a wood) so his back hurts bad also. I´m helping out at their house and chasing the kids while Ágúst is working through the computer.
Tomorrow we´re gonna visit our church in the city (1 hour drive) and eat brunch there, then drive back to my hometown and open our Easter eggs, which I´ll post pics.of later. Then we´ll go swimming and eat lamb in the evening with my parents. On Monday my sister´s daughter, probably niece, will be confirmed as well as my brother´s daughter next Sunday.
On Thursday we´ll drive to the city to take the kids to the Eyedoctor since Sigurjón Óli is gonna have glasses.
That´s all for now. I miss you all and I miss the easter egg hunting in the US, the little plastic eggs and the bunnies, the peeps and a day at Tom´s and Gail´s farm. It´s good though to be home this Easter, and it will be great next year to be at our own home in the East. This year I didn´t decorate for Easter since I came here April 2nd. to be with my dad so he wouldn´t be all alone for too long, and visit my mom at the hospital and we´re going back April 20th.
So this is all for now. Thanks to Sara Gunderson for the Mother´s Fellowship CDs, the little Easter eggs and the so american chockolade cross....I loved it!
Kisses and hugs to everybody. Pics to be posted in not too long time.

2 comments:

Kristi C. said...

Wow! No wonder we haven't heard much from you ;). I miss you too! I can't wait for the pics. You always talk a lot about swimming and I have yet to see a picture of where you go :)! I am looking forward to catching up on how life is going...oh and I can't wait to see S. Oli in glasses. He's soooo cute!!!
HUGS!!

Susan L said...

I know why we haven't heard from you--I have four kids, myself! Busy, busy,...I have been busy, busy, myself...I think now that summer has come, it will be easier to communicate. Hey, David is growing up without us getting to see what he looks like, at least lately. It has been one year since I got to hold him so much at Agust's graduation. How about some picture postings?!